Hi i'm Andrew, a web technology aficionado. Here are some things you don't want to know: I get rude over EcmaScript, HTML and CSS and Open Web Standards. My current haunt is Sydney, where i work as a freelance developer.
Listed below is a selection of my fruits from 2011 and 2012. During this time i worked with two fantastic companies, Microsoft and Tokbox. They have let me share some of the work below
- SplashySplashy - A WebRTC Video Chat application uses getUserMedia and PeerConnection to capture and stream video between two clients. Its built using NodeJs with socket.io to connect two or more clients up.
- Toobify.com - An alternative YouTube player app, which has an awesome UI (self-professed).
- CopyAndPasted.com - A WYSIWYG document text editor
I like creating mashups to highlight a technology. These are like mini-apps, a little unpolished but fun to build
- Hello.js - An OAuth 2.0 client and REST SDK. Connect to Facebook Graph, Windows Live, Google +... etc. with one easy agnostic interface. Used with //auth-server for OAuth 1.0 and 1.0a authentication too.
- // Auth Server - provides a "shim" service for clientside web apps adopting serverside OAuth2 and OAuth1 authentication. Compliments HelloJS.
- Peer.js - A WebRTC wrapping API makes handling connections a doddle, as used by SplashySplashy.
- notification.js - Shims the Notification API with the best alternatives.
- dropfile.js - Shims up IE<10 to support the FileReader via a SilverLight plugin
- jquery-seadragon.js - Microsoft Seadragon is a large image zoomer, and this script enables Seadragon to work on touch devices, and is a much nicer API.
- jquery-form.js - Another shim for bringing the old browsers up to scratch with the HTML5 form. This includes a WYSIWYG editor, as used by CopyAndPasted.
- workspace.js - A helper to make divs flexible, like the old FrameSet used to be, as seen by Toobify.com
- A Non-Blocking Prompt - sorry, yet another jQuery plugin
- … and many more
Knowledge contributions. Speaking & Writing